16.11.10

A Feel of Royal Javanese Lulur Ritual

I LOVE BODY SCRUBS. I love how my skin feels so soft, smooth and baby-like after every use. I normally schedule my body scrubs twice or thrice a week. My friends (and condo mates) and I call it “SCRUB DAY”. When it’s my scrub day they know that I will be staying a little longer in the shower. That means I have to be the last one to take a bath so that I can leisurely spend as many minutes as I want.

I have been using Abonne milk salt for quite some time and I decided to look for a new body scrub. I saw this body scrub which aroused my curiosity. 



I read the label that says..

Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment 
inspired by a most luxurious Javanese ritual called Lulur. 
The ritual was originally intended for the bride-to-be 
in order to beautify, smoothen and whiten her skin before her wedding day. 
Lulur originated from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia 
and products inspired by this traditional treatment 
are still being used by Indonesian women today.”

“The benefits of Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub
·         It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.
·         Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone 
by getting rid of dark patches, 
especially in areas prone to darkening 
such as the elbows, knees, armpits and the area between the thighs.
·         It contains Vitamin E and Green Teas extract, powerful antioxidants 
that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young-looking.
·         It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.”

“Directions: Scrub all over your skin especially the dark areas 
while it is dry to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water. Use daily.”

I bought the 250-gram tub for P130 instead of the 135-gram tub (P80). It’s cheap, right?

I used it during my bath before going to bed that same day. I was excited to try it! When I opened the tub, I was happy to see that it is full. Very generous. I took a scoop and was surprised that the body scrub is like icing. Yes, like icing on a cake. It’s soft and creamy. The grains are not very visible but once applied on the skin, are non-abrasive. The body scrub contains lots of these fine and gentle grains so you will really feel the exfoliation.


I preferred to use the scrub on my damp skin rather than on dry skin as the directions say. I feel that I can massage the scrub on my skin more thoroughly.

After my first use I am satisfied because my skin is refreshed, clean and soft. It’s not dry so I did not put on lotion anymore. The next morning I woke up to a smooth skin still. By the way, the scrub has a jasmine and/or green tea scent which is a slightly new to me since I am used to sweet-smelling bath staples such as Abonne and Grape Bella.

If you ask me if I will purchase again, my answer is yes. I didn’t have any blotches or redness on my skin after using it. I am happy with its moisturizing effects and I will be happier if I get whiter skin after continuous use.

Have you tried Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Scrub? What are your favorite body scrub brands?

2 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

I love body scrubs too! We don't have the whitening kind though. =(

ABIGAIL NY said...

Wow, hope it does what it says on the container!
Loving it!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com