26.6.10

Get the Glow

I have been hearing a lot of raves about the BB Cream. It’s one of the latest trends in make-up and cosmetics not only in the Philippines but also in other Asian countries.
BB Cream, also known as Blemish Balm Cream, owes its origin to German dermatologists who prescribed the cream to individuals who undertook skin peeling treatments. Korean celebrities, admired for their flawless skin, popularized the cream until it became an instant hit and favorite especially to make-up enthusiasts.
There are a lot of BB Creams available in the market now- each differing in ingredients, smell and texture. The promise of natural glow, perfect coverage and UV protection in just one product is just so tempting. I took my first steps to meeting my match.
While strolling along the cosmetics alley of a department store, I stumbled upon the Maybelline counter. Maybelline, by the way, is one of my favorite make-up brands and I truly love the Volume Express Turbo Boost Mascara, Clear Smooth Mineral Powder Foundation (in W02 Natural Ochre) and Mineral Powder Blush (in True Peach). My eyes laid upon a row labeled ‘Hot’. When I took one, it’s a BB Cream! The Maybelline lady came up to me and said that the BB Cream is their hot- selling item. It was originally priced at P299 but was marked down to P249. Convinced by the lady’s sales talk (and since I have been using the brand), I decided to purchase one.


In only one shade that fits all, Maybelline BB Cream is a blend of eight healthy minerals- copper, zinc, magnesium, sodium, titanium and three iron oxides. It acts as a moisturizer, sun block and foundation.

The product glides on skin easily even without applying moisturizer. It’s light on the skin, doesn’t leave a heavy feel and doesn’t appear cake-y after hours. The cream lessens the red appearance of fresh pimple marks although doesn’t fully conceal them. Same is true for visible pores. However, there is a matte glow on my skin and I love that it doesn’t get oily. It also lasts for the whole day so I don’t need to re-apply during midday. If you have a perfect or almost perfect skin, this BB Cream is already enough to give a more flawless look. But if you have blemishes, I think there is still a need to apply face powder for smoother coverage. As for the sun protection, I cannot yet attest to the effect of the product. I’ll give it a rigorous test this coming month in Boracay (weee!)

The 18-ml tube for P249 is quite pricey but I will still consider buying it again. Anyway, a small amount is already enough to cover the face so the tube will last several months. I am sticking to this BB cream for now. It’s love at first application!

No comments: