16.6.10

Pampanga Delight: Cold Spoon

I love frozen yogurt because it’s just like ice cream, only healthier. It is low-calorie and low-fat, rich in calcium and protein and contains probiotics.

Along Fil-Am Highway (near Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga) is a haven for yogurt lovers. Cold Spoon Frozen Yogurt, owned by a Korean, is gaining popularity among locals and tourists alike and is considered a must-visit place when travelling to the culinary capital of the Philippines.



The frozen yogurt comes in three serving sizes- small (P60), medium (P90) and large (150). You can choose from a variety of toppings (P20-P25) which include strawberries in syrup, cranberries in syrup, oreo, raisins, cereals and chocolates.


I found the yogurt lightly sweet and the texture was very similar to ice cream. I didn’t find the sourness that I like. Also, most of the toppings were sweets and cookies. I prefer fresh fruits on my yogurt.


Although this yogurt is not the best dessert for me, Cold Spoon deserves credit for the spotless interiors, relaxing ambiance and excellent service.

It’s worth a try if you’re planning a trip to Pampanga. Besides, you can indulge without the guilt.

No comments: