2.7.10

Extreme Appetite Challenge

My sister told me about a huge pizza in Xtremely Xpresso and bugged me about trying it. Out of curiosity, after our window-shopping bonding on a Saturday, we headed to the Marquee Mall branch to see it for ourselves.


We first ordered the appetizer plate (P320) which consisted of quesadilla, fried chicken wings, chicken strips, French fries and garlic mushroom. The platter was served with garlic mayonnaise, mustard and cheese dips. My favorite was the quesadilla. The tortilla was soft and the melted cheese was savory. I didn’t use the dip anymore since it was very good on its own. The fried chicken wings were dry. My sister didn’t like it too. The chicken strips, French fries and garlic mushroom weren't impressive. My sister and I reluctantly finished the platter and just asked for additional dips to compensate for the taste.




And now for the very reason why we came to Xtremely Xpresso- Big Ben (P649). A whooping 22 inches in diameter, this pizza is loaded with pepperoni, sausage, bacon and beef and the typical veggies, garlic onions, peppers, mushrooms, black olives and two kinds of cheese. We were very giddy while waiting for the pizza and we were thinking that for sure we would not be able to finish it so we would bring it home. After a few minutes, the server came with our pizza and upon seeing it, we gasped “woooooww…”. It would not fit on our table so the server got another one just for the pizza to sit on. We gamely got our own slice and because it was huge, I had to fold it on my plate to slice. I loved this pizza because of the bread-like thin crust, flavorful sauce and overly-generous toppings. After consuming two slices each, we asked the server to pack it for take-out.





On my recent Subic trip with my J and some officemates we had brunch at Xtremely Xpresso and to my surprise, the place was packed with families having early lunch after the Sunday mass. 


To please my starving stomach and to keep myself full on the trip back home, I ordered Arrabiatta (P180) and Chicken Terriyaki Sandwich (P150).

This is the BEST Arrabiatta I have ever tasted! The garlic, tomatoes and red chili were perfectly blended in the rich sauce. The chili gave this dish an added kick and left a lingering but filling heat at the back of my mouth. The tomatoes were so fresh and succulent that I even reserved a few slices to eat after I finished the noodles.


I ate my pasta along with the Chicken Terriyaki Sandwich and although I could feel I was full already, I still finished my meal. The pair was just so scrumptious! The sandwich had a very generous chicken meat lacquered with sweet soy terriyaki sauce. The bread was so soft and light to the point that I could not feel it anymore while chewing. 




My J had T-bone steak served with garlic rice and buttered veggies (P280). The cut was thick and although the meat was not so juicy, it was tender and flavorful.


To complete my very pleasurable meal I ordered Eskimo Mocha Frappucino (P100). It tasted like coffee and malt together. It was perfectly thick and smooth. I especially loved the indulgent chocolate syrup drizzled on the drink.


A combination cafe, restaurant, bakery, deli, and wine cellar, Xtremely Xpresso is truly a place you should not miss. Its warm country-style cottage interiors and wide array of carefully prepared American, Italian and Filipino dishes will surely tantalize your taste buds and work up your appetite.


*** Xtremely Xpresso
#1 Dewey Avenue, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo City
Ground Floor, Meeting Place, SM City Clark, M.A. Roxas Avenue, Clark Freeport Zone
Ground Floor, Marquee Civic Park, Marquee Mall, NLEX, Angeles City

No comments: