27.7.10

Turning Japanese

Being the core feature of fast food chains such as McDonald’s and Wendy’s, hamburgers are most often associated with the Americans. But have you ever heard of Japanese burgers? This exact curiousity prompted my J and I to try Sango! The Burger Master.

When we headed to the counter to order, I was surprised to see that there are over 20 burger choices on the menu. Chicken burger, fish burger, terriyaki burger. I ordered BLT Burger with cheese (P125) and my J had Master Cheese Burger (P125).



At the sight of my BLT Burger I was quite stunned of its size. It was not a super-size one but it wouldn’t fit in my mouth either if I intended to eat it the big-bite way. So I pressed on the top bun until the burger got a little bit thin. I loved that my burger was balanced with meat and vegetables. The lettuce and tomatoes were fresh and succulent.



The Master Cheese Burger was truly heaven. A layer of chili con carne, juicy patty and lots of minced onions completed this best-seller burger. It was quite messy to eat but that was what made the experience more pleasurable.



We also got a regular Master Fries (P105)- thick slices of Japanese fries served with special meat sauce and cheese. The fries was crunchy on the outside but soft (and hot!) inside. It would have been perfect if it did not taste too salty.


Overall, our meal was tasty and filling. The burgers tasted home-made (for me) so if you are looking for a burger with a twist, Sango! is a very good choice.

*** Sango! The Burger Master

Rm. 5 GF, Creekside Mall, Amorsolo St., corner Herrera St., Legaspi Village, Makati City

(02) 830.03.91 and (02) 889.44.45

No comments: