17.8.10

Instant Skin Boost

I regularly get medicated facial masks during my appointments with my dermatologist but I haven’t actually tried the DIY ones. My sister bought a tube of Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque because she read from reviews that the product works wonder. She insisted I give it a try as it felt so good on the face and that it dried her zits overnight.
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is a pale green clay mask. Clay masks work best for oily skin as they get rid of excess oil and shrink enlarged pores. Available at Healthy Options for P329, it comes in an 8 oz easy-to-squeeze tube and you can get 33% more free.


I washed my face and pat it dry, then applied the mask to my face while my skin was a little damp. The mask had a thick consistency, similar to toothpaste, but easy to apply and spread. The mint was cool and refreshing on the skin. I loved the nice mint smell as well because it was so relaxing while I slouched on my bed, closed my eyes and waited for the mask to fully set and dry up. After five minutes the mask tightened. I washed it off after 20 minutes. I didn’t have to rub my face to remove it since it came off easily with water.

Soft and supple skin- my first observation after I rinsed my face. My skin was fresh and free from all the trapped dirt and oily build-up. It felt tight too although I assumed that it was only temporary. I saw a natural healthy glow, possibly because of a firmer skin.


I couldn’t confirm its effectivity in drying up zits since I had no major break-outs when I used it. My sister told me she uses the mask as a ‘spot treatment’ and according to her, it is highly effective in reducing the size and redness of a zit.

After a stressful week from work Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is an ideal way to exfoliate my pores and relax tired facial muscles. It sucks out impurities, leaving a deeply-cleansed skin. Once a week, it is definitely an invigorating spa experience.

No comments: