24.9.10

Excuses to Pig Out

One Saturday afternoon, Ate and I dragged Mama to Marquee Mall to have snacks. Good thing Papa allowed us to go even if it was scorching hot outside. After shopping for A Bonne items we headed to Xtremely Xpresso.

Our hungry eyes and empty stomachs feasted on the menu.

Ate and I ordered Xtreme Frappes. The one on the left is Baby Joe. The one on the right is Eskimocha. Each is P100 for the grande size. I requested to have the drinks in take-out cups because I thought we would not be able to finish them. There is an additional P10 fee for each cup.


Ate insisted we order Tex-Mex Style Nachos (P220). It's her favorite. I didn't expect the serving to be this huge!


Look at the generous piles of ground beef, onions, capers, jalapeƱo peppers, salsa and cheese. It was the first time I tried this in Xtremely Xpresso and I can say this is really a must-try. It is so tasty and filling. It is good for sharing with four to six persons. We were not able to finish it so we just took the half home.


I ordered my favorite pasta, Spaghetti Pomodoro (P160). I love the rich sauce which is simply made from tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil.


The tender, succulent and flavorful tomatoes make me always want this pasta dish. It is simple; no shrimp or chicken chunks but is complete and very sumptuous.


I let Mama and Ate taste the Chicken Terriyaki Sandwich (P150).  Mama sliced it into three but Ate didn't eat her part so we also took the slice home.



Ate ordered Garlic & Cheese Quesadilla (P140) last minute. Although I was already full I still ate two pieces. I couldn't resist the creamy garlic dip. Yummy!


We just committed gluttony. Haha! What we ordered was too much for the three of us but we couldn't help ordering our favorites. Besides, the snack was our treat for Mama. Ate and I agreed to split the bill. Mama assured us she will pay the next time we go out. Ate and I winked at each other and instantly knew we should have it at TGIF. =D

19 comments:

Pinch of thoughts said...

i'm now missing my nanay.

Mia Dela Cruz-Soriano said...

hi maria! another great post from you! kakainggit naman yung food! makes me want to go try them out!

and because you are such a fab blogger, I have awarded you with the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD! drop by my site to pick up the badge when you have time, okay?!

here’s the direct link:

http://mymommyconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

looking forward to reading more posts from you. Godspeed! :)

Manja said...

ooooh now i'm soooo hungry.... :)
http://pinkpoisson.blogspot.com/

Risa said...

The food looked sooooooo yummy! I'm craving for nachos now.

xx

Nadine Natalin said...

Geeezzz!!! I wanna try the nachos

m0chiii said...

i love foodie pix ! hahah.. i love pigging out too =D they all look so delish !

Unknown said...

the nacho pics looks "devilishly" yummy:)

Maureen said...

Makes me crave for midnight snack :D

Amber said...

wow that is a lot of food but it all looks yummy and sometimes you just have to splurge

Unknown said...

Everything looks so delicious! The pasta looks especially yummy :)

Ivonne said...

All those pictures are making me hungry! :P
Great post!

xo,
Ivonne

C said...

Holy cow that's some good freaking food! Those Tex Mex nachos look awesome :)

Magda said...

looks great! i'm hungry! :)

MariaKristela said...

Hello all! Thank you very much for leaving comments.

The food is truly delicious. And hanging out with my Mama and Ate is an experience! :)

Unknown said...

OMG! where located sa Marquee? I wann try it. I'm drooling, grabeeee :DDDD

Traveliztera said...

That's why I love your blog! Haha!

MariaKristela said...

Hello NicafabaleƱa! Marquee Mall is an Ayala mall in Angeles City (Pampanga). Xtremely Xpresso branches are located in Subic and SM Clark. :)

Traveliztera, thanks so much! Haha! :)

miss yaniee said...

Hi! :) Great post btw. And mannnn these made me hungry! x

Anonymous said...

wow.. i love your site! and the pictures are nice too.. what camera are you using? :D